Pages

Introduction

May 2014.

I've bought a campervan as a 60th birthday present to myself, made some curtains and a patchwork quilt, waved goodbye to my family, and set off. My aim is to explore the coastline of Britain, anti clockwise, starting in Kent. I have no idea what will happen.

Thursday 7 April 2011

My ticket's arrived!

I really feel I am going to India now. The ticket arrived this morning - I leave for Delhi on 4 May.

Through this blog - and my good friend Judith - I have been put in touch with a lady called Smriti who has a charity in Jaipur called Faith which she set up in 2005. Faith looks after children aged between 3 and 16 who are HIV.  I have been in touch with Smriti by email and we have spoken on the telephone. She said I will be helping with the craft classes and computer classes (!) and generally around the house.  I hope to go to Goa with them for their annual holiday.

I don't actually have the visa yet - or my passport because I sent that off to get the visa - but I am assured they will be with me shortly.

There are a couple of other charities I would like to visit and I have ideas of various places I want to go - to Calcutta for one - but I am still open to suggestions.

1 comment:

Angela Young said...

The children will want that suit and that scarf and those glasses ... !

But seriously, what a wonderful charity FAITH sounds, and what things you will discover as the children discover through you.

Thinking of you ... xo